- Fully autonomous flight from takeoff through landing
- 10 KG (22 lbs) MTOW
- Modular design
- Entirely electric system
- Up to 5 HRS flight time (*varies based on battery set up)
- Wide flight envelope
- Sleek streamline appearance
- Large cruise window and payload capacity
- Self cooling fuselage
- Entirely electric system
- Rapid assembly and disassembly
- Includes basic email support. Response within 72 business hrs. No dedicated team member.
Ready-to-fly units are built to order. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery.
*RC Remote, batteries and camera not included. See optional upgrades for details
*Heavy duty carrying case included at no additional charge.
The RTF Albatross comes to your door fully assembled and tested. Just take it out of the box, plan your mission and go. This turn key solutions is equipped with the following components.
1 x Albatross Airframe
7 x Hitec Servos
1 x Castle Creations BEC
1 x Castle Creations ESC
1 x Scorpion 4020 Motor (400 - 600 KV)
1 x APC Prop
1 x Tru Turn Spinner
1 x Airspeed Sensor
1 x GPS Unit
1 x Telemetry Module
1 x HV Power Module
1 x PX4 Autopilot
1 x Lidar Lite V3 Lidar
1 x Heavy Duty Carrying Case
- Product Code: 0013-UAV-RTF
- Wingspan: 3000MM or 9.8FT
- MTOW: 10 KG or 22 LBS
- Available Payload: 2KG - 4.4 KG (battery dependent) *Contact us re custom integration
- Mission Planning and Operations Software: QGround Control
- Endurance: 2+ HRS (per battery - holds up to 3)
- Range: 100 KM or 62 M
- Cruise Speed: 18 M/S or 40 MPH
- Max Level Speed: 40 M/S or 90 MPH
- Takeoff: 50 FT (Runway, unpaved road, catapult)
- Glide Ratio (L/D): 28:1 - 30:1
- Center of Gravity: 85 MM - 95 MM from the root leading edge
We offer several standard options camera options with the Albatross for RBG, NDVI and Thermal applications. All options integrate seamlessly with the autopilot and offer in flight geotagging. The Albatross is compatible with a variety of commercially available cameras and sensors. Please contact us for recommendations.
- Sony R10C - 20.1 MP, automatically geogtags images in flight, Pixhawk compatible. Weight 72 grams. Dimension 12 x 10 x 7 in
- MAPIR Survey 3 - NDVI Camera, 12 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 76 grams. Dimensions 59 x 41.5 x 36 mm
- FLIR Vue Pro - Thermal Camera, 0.02 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 84g. Dimensions 41 x 59 x 29.6 mm
- Flat Mapping Gimbal: The Flat Mapping Gimbal keeps your camera parallel to the ground through banks and rolls, takeoff and descent avoiding crooked and inaccurate images, forcing you to redeploy your UAV for a second pass.
Video Add Ons
- Applied HD: AppliedHD, our High Definition video link, uses a proprietary protocol transmission algorithm to transmit high definition digital video with extremely low latency (120ms).
- Standard Definition Video: This package adds the ability to transmit live analog video over a 1.3 GHZ frequency and comes with circularly polarized antennas.
- Long Range Package: Our long range package increases range by up to 20 miles. This system consists of a long range UHF RC transmitter module and receiver as well as two long range telemetry units (~900Mhz). Range is increased up to 20+ miles. Our long range kit has recently been upgraded to provide an encrypted telemetry link as well as a bidirectional RC link. This enables not only telemetry data to now be transmitted securely but also the ability to receive and transmit data and commands over the separate RC communication channel as a backup fail safe.
- Lidar: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with a Lidar for autonomous takeoff and landing.
- Autopilot: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with an autopilot. This upgrades your system to add a flight controller that utilizes the newest revision CPU with 2x more memory than the existing versions. Not only does this add to the availability of increased sensor usage but these boards are built and tested in the United States.
Set Up Assistance
- A designated Applied Aeronautics support specialist will guide you through assembly and set up, answering any questions you might have. Support package valid for 30 days from product receipt. Communication via dedicated support email address.
- A one day training session at our facility in Austin, TX. This personalized training covers all aspects of Albatross UAV operation. This includes flight planning, pre-check procedures, maintenance, safety, and more. Comprehensive user manuals will be provided.