Ready to fly units are built to order. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery. Please allow additional time for systems ordered with dual screen ground stations and/or cameras.
- Fully autonomous flight from takeoff through landing
- 10 KG (22 lbs) MTOW
- Modular design
- Entirely electric system
- Up to 4 HRS flight time (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Wide flight envelope
- Sleek streamline appearance
- Large cruise window and payload capacity
- Self cooling fuselage
- Entirely electric system
- Rapid assembly and disassembly
- Includes 30 days of basic email support. Response within 48-72 business hrs. No dedicated team member. Phone calls must be scheduled in advance and are booked out for specific questions.
- RC Remote, batteries, charger and camera not included. See optional upgrades to customize the Albatross Ready to Fly to suit your needs. *Note, should you purchase spare batteries, they are UN3480 and ship as Dangerous Goods per IATA requirements.
- Heavy duty carrying case (Pelican 1780) included at no additional charge.
- This is an expert level UAV. Prior experience with RC planes and fixed wing UAVs is highly recommended. Moderate set up and sensor calibration is required upon receipt of your finished system.
1 x Albatross Airframe
7 x Hitec Servos
1 x Castle Creations BEC
1 x Castle Creations ESC
1 x Scorpion 4020 Motor (400 - 600 KV)
1 x APC Prop
1 x Tru Turn Spinner
1 x Airspeed Sensor
1 x GPS Unit
1 x Telemetry Module
1 x HV Power Module
1 x PX4 Autopilot
1 x Lidar Lite V3 Lidar
1 x Heavy Duty Carrying Case
- Product Code: 0013-UAV-RTF
- Wingspan: 3000MM or 9.8FT
- MTOW: 10 KG or 22 LBS
- Available Payload: 2KG - 4.4 KG (battery dependent)
- Mission Planning and Operations Software: QGround Control
- Endurance: 4 HRS (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Range: 100 KM+
- Cruise Speed: 18 M/S or 40 MPH
- Max Level Speed: 40 M/S or 90 MPH
- Takeoff: 50 FT (Runway, unpaved road, cut grass)
- Glide Ratio (L/D): 28:1 - 30:1
- Center of Gravity: 85 MM - 95 MM from the root leading edge
We offer several standard options camera options with the Albatross for RBG, NDVI and Thermal applications. All options integrate seamlessly with the autopilot and offer in flight geotagging. The Albatross is compatible with a variety of commercially available cameras and sensors. Please contact us for recommendations if the following do not meet your mission requirements.
- Sony R10C - 20.1 MP, automatically geotags images in flight, Pixhawk compatible. Weight 72 grams. Dimension 12 x 10 x 7 in
- MAPIR Survey 3 - NDVI Camera, 12 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 76 grams. Dimensions 59 x 41.5 x 36 mm
- FLIR Vue Pro - Thermal Camera, 0.02 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 84g. Dimensions 41 x 59 x 29.6 mm
- Flat Mapping Gimbal: The Flat Mapping Gimbal keeps your camera parallel to the ground through banks and rolls, takeoff and descent avoiding crooked and inaccurate images, forcing you to redeploy the UAV for a second pass.
VIDEO ADD ONS
- Standard Definition Video: This package give the end user the ability to transmit live analog video over a 1.3 GHZ frequency and comes with circularly polarized antennas.
- Long Range Package: Our long range package increases range by up to 20 miles. This system consists of a long range UHF RC transmitter module and receiver as well as two long range telemetry units (~900Mhz). Range is increased up to 20+ miles. Our long range kit has recently been upgraded to provide an encrypted telemetry link as well as a bidirectional RC link. This enables not only telemetry data to now be transmitted securely but also allows you to receive and transmit data and commands over the separate RC communication channel as a backup fail safe.
- Lidar: Our extended range lidar increases accuracy on takeoff and landing.
- USA Autopilot: The Autopilot upgrade is a US made version of our standard Pixhawk.
- Autopilot Thermal Calibration: Temperature calibrating a Pixhawk provides more stable sensor data over varying operating temperatures. Utilizing a thermally controlled chamber, onboard sensors (gyro, accelerometer, and barometer pressure) are temperature calibrated from -20 C to + 60 C to correct for the effect changing sensor temperatures has on sensor bias yielding to more stable sensor data. A test report is provided with each calibrated Pixhawk outlining the raw data and offset calculated as well as a parameter file that includes the calibration details applied.
SET UP ASSISTANCE
- This package was designed to offer customers with remote assistance after the 30-day warranty period has lapsed. This support is comprehensive and encompasses all aspects of the Albatross system ranging from diagnostic assistance to mission and log analysis.
- This package includes:
- Diagnostic assessment
- Remote hardware assistance
- Software analysis and assistance
- Log review and analysis
- Mission planning support
- Package billed monthly
- 30 days notice required for cancellation
- A technician will be assigned to your specific case and communication will be via email and scheduled calls
- This package was designed to provide 2 people with 1.5 days of training on-site at our facility in Austin, Texas. This training covers all aspects of operation and maintenance, mission planning, pre and post-flight procedures, and best practices. We supply all customers with a comprehensive user manual and pre and post-flight checklists
- Training must be scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance and used within 6 months of order receipt to avoid expiration. We cannot support goods that have been outside of our facility for extended durations of time, as we cannot control what has happened to them in that timeframe.
- Note that the Albatross UAV RTF requires a license to export to many countries. Applied Aeronautics will file your export license within 7 days of payment receipt. Note that we have no control over the duration of time it takes to obtain your license.