- Fully composite airframe
- 10 KG (22 lbs) MTOW
- Modular design
- Entirely electric system
- 4 HRS flight time (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Wide flight envelope
- Sleek streamline appearance
- Large cruise window and payload capacity
- Self cooling fuselage
- Powered by PX4 (compatible with Ardupilot, however, software and settings only supplied for PX4)
- Entirely electric system
- Includes basic email support for 30 days. Response within 48-72 business hrs. No dedicated team member. Phone calls must be scheduled in advance and are booked out for specific questions. Technical support is for troubleshooting only. We are unable to walk you through your build over the phone or by email.
7 x Hitec Servos
1 x Castle Creations BEC
1 x Castle Creations ESC
1 x Scorpion 4020 Motor (400 - 600 KV)
1 x APC Prop
1 x Tru Turn Spinner
1 x Airspeed Sensor
1 x GPS Unit
1 x Telemetry Module
1 x HV Power Module
1 x PX4 Autopilot (V1)
- The UAV Kit is a DIY system. It requires assembly after purchase. We supply guidance documents outlining recommended component placement, however, these are not detailed step by step build manuals. Prior experience with electronics is required. If you are looking for a fully built system, please purchase our Ready to Fly UAV . Additional wires, connectors and hand tools will be required to complete your build. The only included components are listed below. Further, keep in mind that while we will make every effort to answer questions as they arise, support is intended for troubleshooting only. We cannot assist with your build by email or phone.
- All kits are custom assembled to order and ship within 10 days of purchase. We will make every effort to dispatch all components on time, but in certain instances, when individual components are back-ordered we will send in stock components first and remaining once available.
- Carrying case not included
- Batteries not included. Note, should you purchase spare batteries, they are UN3480 and ship as Dangerous Goods per IATA requirements. We ask that you please verify this class of goods can be shipped to you prior to purchase.
- Product Code: 0011-UAV-KIT
- Wingspan: 3000MM or 9.8FT
- MTOW: 10 KG or 22 LBS
- Available Payload: 2KG - 4.4 KG (battery dependent) *Contact us re custom integration
- Mission Planning and Operations Software: QGround Control
- Endurance: 4 HRS (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Range: > 100 KM or 62 M
- Cruise Speed: 18 M/S or 40 MPH
- Max Level Speed: 40 M/S or 90 MPH
- Takeoff: 50 FT (Runway, unpaved road, catapult)
- Glide Ratio (L/D): 28:1 - 30:1
- Center of Gravity: 85 MM - 95 MM from the root leading edge
We offer several standard options camera options with the Albatross for RBG, NDVI and Thermal applications (listed below). All options integrate seamlessly with the autopilot and offer in flight geotagging. The Albatross is compatible with a variety of commercially available cameras and sensors. Please contact us for recommendations.
- Sony R10C - 20.1 MP, automatically geotags images in flight, Pixhawk compatible. Weight 72 grams. Dimension 12 x 10 x 7 in
- MAPIR Survey 3 - NDVI Camera, 12 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 76 grams. Dimensions 59 x 41.5 x 36 mm
- FLIR Vue Pro - Thermal Camera, 0.02 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 84 g. Dimensions 41 x 59 x 29.6 mm
- Flat Mapping Gimbal: The Flat Mapping Gimbal keeps your camera parallel to the ground through banks and rolls, takeoff and descent avoiding crooked and inaccurate images, forcing you to redeploy the UAV for a second pass.
VIDEO ADD ONS
- Standard Definition Video: This package adds the ability to transmit live analog video over a 1.3 GHZ frequency and comes with circularly polarized antennas.
- Long Range Package: Our long range package increases range by up to 20 miles. This system consists of a long range UHF rc transmit module and receiver as well as two long range telemetry units (~900Mhz). Range is increased up to 20+ miles. Our long range kit has recently been upgraded to provide an encrypted telemetry link as well as a bidirectional RC link. This enables not only telemetry data to now be transmitted securely but also the ability to receive and transmit data and commands over the separate RC communication channel as a backup fail safe.
- Lidar: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with a Lidar for autonomous takeoff and landing.
- USA Autopilot: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with an autopilot. This upgrades your system to add a flight controller that utilizes the newest revision CPU with 2x more memory than the existing versions. Not only does this add to the availability of increased sensor usage but these boards are built and tested in the United States.
- Custom Wiring Harness: Our custom wiring harness, developed in house to dramatically cut down build time off all UAV kits. We cannot guarantee compatibility if you do not purchase our avionics. Additional connectors, wires, etc will be needed to complete your UAV build.
- This package was designed to offer customers who require more extensive remote assistance. This support is comprehensive and encompasses all aspects of the Albatross system ranging from diagnostic assistance to mission and log analysis.
- This package includes:
- Diagnostic assessment
- Remote hardware assistance
- Software analysis and assistance
- Log review and analysis
- Mission planning support
- Package billed monthly
- 30 days notice required for cancellation
- A technician will be assigned to your specific case and communication will be via email and scheduled calls
- This package was designed to provide 2 people with 1 days of training on-site at our facility in Austin, Texas. This training covers all aspects of operation and maintenance, mission planning, pre and post-flight procedures, and best practices. We supply all customers with a comprehensive user manual and pre and post-flight checklists. UAV Kit training does not include flight training, only shop based work.
- Training must be scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance and redeemed within 6 months of order receipt to avoid expiration. We cannot support goods that have been outside of our facility for extended durations of time, as we cannot control what has happened to them in that timeframe.