Our base model is the Albatross Airfame. This bare frame is made of fiberglass and carbon fiber, and was designed to be robust, efficient, and versatile, making it the ideal foundation for educators, tinkerers, and researchers to build out their perfect UAV.
BACKORDER: ESTIMATED SHIPMENT OF NEW ORDERS IN 6 WEEKS. CONTACT US TO PLACE AN ORDER.
Note: No avionics or wiring included. Those who purchase the Albatross frame are presume to be using their own components, and to have prior knowledge of, and experience with, RC and UAV assembly. Additional wires, connectors, will be required to complete your build.
REGULATORY NOTE: The use and operation of our product in the USA and many other countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. In the USA, you will need a "HAM" amateur radio license. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your governments rules and regulations for RF devices. do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or ar not able to comply with them. Applied Aeronautics is not responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your governments regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions at the time of order you are also agreeing to have read and understand this notice.
Key Features (**When built as a UAV using Applied Aeronautics supplied components)
- Fully composite airframe
- 10 KG (22 lbs) MTOW
- Modular design
- Entirely electric system
- Up to 4 HRS flight time (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Wide flight envelope
- Sleek streamline appearance
- Large cruise window and payload capacity
- Self cooling fuselage
- Entirely electric system
- Rapid assembly and disassembly
- Powered by PX4 (compatible with Ardupilot, however, the parameter file is only supplied for PX4)
- carrying case not included
- batteries not included. Note, should you purchase spare batteries, they are UN3480 and ship as Dangerous Goods per IATA requirements.
Specifications (**When built as a UAV using Applied Aeronautics supplied components)
- Product Code: 0001-AA-MAX
- Wingspan: 3000MM or 9.8FT
- MTOW: 10 KG or 22 LBS
- Available Payload: 2KG - 4.4 KG (battery dependent) *Contact us re custom integration
- Mission Planning and Operations Software: QGround Control
- Endurance: 4 HRS (*varies based on battery set up, operating conditions and use case)
- Range: 100 KM or 62 M
- Cruise Speed: 18 M/S or 40 MPH
- Max Level Speed: 40 M/S or 90 MPH
- Takeoff: 50 FT (Runway, unpaved road, catapult)
- Glide Ratio (L/D): 28:1 - 30:1
- Center of Gravity: 85 MM - 95 MM from the root leading edge
We offer several standard options camera options with the Albatross for RBG, NDVI and Thermal applications. All options integrate seamlessly with the autopilot and offer in flight geotagging. The Albatross is compatible with a variety of commercially available cameras and sensors. Please contact us for recommendations.
- Sony R10C - 20.1 MP, automatically geogtags images in flight, Pixhawk compatible. Weight 72 grams. Dimension 12 x 10 x 7 in
- MAPIR Survey 3 - NDVI Camera, 12 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 76 grams. Dimensions 59 x 41.5 x 36 mm
- FLIR Vue Pro - Thermal Camera, 0.02 MP, triggered from Pixhawk, in flight geotagging. Weight 84 g. Dimensions 41 x 59 x 29.6 mm
- Flat Mapping Gimbal: The Flat Mapping Gimbal keeps your camera parallel to the ground through banks and rolls, takeoff and descent avoiding crooked and inaccurate images, forcing you to redeploy your UAV for a second pass.
Video Add Ons
- Applied HD: AppliedHD, our High Definition video link, uses a proprietary protocol transmission algorithm to transmit high definition digital video with extremely low latency (120ms). Transmitter, Receiver and Camera are housed in 3D printed casing. 3D Print files are available upon request should you wish to create your own custom colored/labeled cases.
- Standard Definition Video: This package adds the ability to transmit live analog video over a 1.3 GHZ frequency and comes with circularly polarized antennas.
- Long-Range Package: Our long-range package increases range by up to 40km. This system consists of a long range UHF RC transmitter module and receiver and two long-range telemetry units. The range is increased up to 20+ miles. Our long-range kit has recently been upgraded to provide an encrypted telemetry link as well as a bidirectional RC link. This enables telemetry data to be transmitted securely and allows you to receive and transmit data and commands over the separate RC communication channel as a backup fail-safe. All systems will ship with US modules unless otherwise requested in your order notes. RC is at 433MHz and Telemetry is at 900MHz. If you have specific requirements for alternate frequencies you must let us know before your build commences.
- Lidar: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with a Lidar for autonomous takeoff and landing.
- Autopilot: Our kits and airframe do not come standard with an autopilot. This upgrades your system to add a flight controller that utilizes the newest revision CPU with 2x more memory than the existing versions. Not only does this add to the availability of increased sensor usage but these boards are built and tested in the United States.
- Custom Wiring Harness: Our custom wiring harness, developed in house to dramatically cut down build time. Of all UAV Kits. We cannot guarantee compatibility if you do not purchase our avionics. Additional connectors, wires, etc will be needed to complete your UAV build. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Set Up Assistance
- This package was designed to offer customers with remote assistance after the 30-day warranty period has lapsed. This support is comprehensive and encompasses all aspects of the Albatross system ranging from diagnostic assistance to mission and log analysis.
- This package includes:
- Diagnostic assessment
- Remote hardware assistance
- Software analysis and assistance
- Log review and analysis
- Mission planning support
- Package billed monthly
- 30 days notice required for cancellation
- A technician will be assigned to your specific case and communication will be via email and scheduled calls
- This package was designed to provide 2 people with 1.5 days of training on-site at our facility in Austin, Texas. This training covers all aspects of operation and maintenance, mission planning, pre and post-flight procedures, and best practices. We supply all customers with a comprehensive user manual and pre and post-flight checklists
- Training must be scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance